- I am prepared to start the training plan (which starts Monday).
- I am not, repeat NOT, shooting for 4:00 (my uber-runner neighbor from NM who's been running for 22 years only recently cleared this time), I'm just looking to finish...under six hours would be nice.
- My childhood friends who married each other live there and are hosting me!
- Ana might even run this with me! (no pressure...wink) It will be like first period freshman PE all over again!
- One of their friends (and therefore, one of mine) has a HOT TUB!
Now for the mushy sentiment:
One of the other reasons I decided to go ahead with this instead of waiting for a local race in the spring is because I kind of see it as a homecoming.
I spent the first 20 years of my life about 40 minutes away from Sacramento, and though I haven't lived in CA for over ten years, it's still part of me. It also occupies a place and time in my life when I was still athletic and active -- and thought I'd always be. And since my 32nd birthday is in December, it will also be a gift to myself...like I'm getting my old self back.
And did I mention the hot tub?