Saturday, August 2, 2008

Frenchy Was Right



The only man a girl can count on is her daddy.

A little while back, my parents and I decided that they wouldn't be at my Ironman because it would cost $7000+ to get them here from the Philippines at that time of year. And then I began a search for not simply who I would like to be at my IM finish line, but who would deserve to be there.

Here's the gist of the e-mail I got from my dad last night:

Hey Kiddo,

Read em and weep!!!

ITINERARY AND TICKET INFORMATION
FROM TO
MANILA TAIPEI
TAIPEI LOS ANGELES
==================================
Hanford, CA (HNF) to Ottumwa, IA (OTM)

Despite my desire to present a tuff-girl persona, I am in fact a crier.

You better believe I wept.

(Then I stopped, because how funny is my dad's hair in this picture?)

4 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Aw! I am so glad he can make it!

Brent Buckner said...

That's so special!

KrissyGo! said...

I know! I love my Daddy! :D

Gonzo said...

That's awesome news.

And I'm actually not sure if I love his hair or his 'stache more in this photo. Or what looks to be an amazing suit.