Sunday, December 21, 2008

A *New* New Leaf

*rubs eyes*

Who turned on the lights?

Maybe it's because I've been watching too much Intervention, but after the hellish week I had last week (in which I worked my ass off and still turned in one steaming pile of crap after another) and a generally underwhelming embarrassing semester altogether, something's gotta give.

I remember when I used to be good at things. Like, really good at things. And I used to LOVE school. And I used to blog regularly. What the hell happened?

I honestly don't know. But here's what I'm going to do about it:

Endorphin therapy.

Now that the 140.6 monkey is off my back, I'm going to work my way back up from the shorter distances and get faster. Some call it "training." I call it "what you're supposed to do instead of showing up on race day, undertrained, and hoping for the best."

But really, I'm in it for the side-effects: more energy and ability to focus. I think that'll fix a lot of other stuff that's been dragging in my life.

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

00badness said...

Hooray shorter distances!! Best wishes for increased focus mentally and physically in the new year!

Unknown said...

Fabulous new look to your blog Krissy! And I just know the year ahead will be wonderful.

ECrunnergirl said...

I love the new look AND of course that awesome and motivating video!!

Good luck with the "training" I look forward to reading all about it this new year!! Yay for endorphin therapy!!

Brent Buckner said...

Glad you're working at making it all work....

Duane said...

Looking forward to watching you get serious! :-)