Monday, February 25, 2008

Music Monday 2.25.08

But first, an unplanned race report:

Okay, here's the thing: I went to Davenport yesterday to do an observation for one of my classes (Cultural Analyses of Sport). All I was going to do was observe "pre-race behaviors" prior to the start of the 4-mi Chili Chase run/walk.

It was simple enough. Go, observe, write, come home. Then the weather was so nice (a balmy 36, clear skies), I could smell the chili cooking, and hey--everyone else was doing it!

So I ran.

It was my first REAL run since the marathon in December. I had the lowest of expectations: I didn't know if I'd be able to run the whole thing; I didn't know how fast I'd be able to go (was half.

I am happy to report that I ran the whole thing and only lost about a minute off my pace in the last three months of no running. All things considered, I'm thrilled.

Splits
Mile 1: 11:34
Mile 2: 11:28
Mile 3: 11:37
Mile 4: 10:43
Finish Time: 45:02

And without further ado...here are your tunes:

The Sun Made Me Do It (Jazzy, Sunny Peer Pressure Tracks)

Everybody's Jumpin'
Dave Brubeck Quartet

Powder Your Face with Sunshine
Dean Martin

Miles Runs the Voodoo Down

Miles Davis

You Can Run
Bill Frisell

Orange Colored Sky
Natalie Cole

Joy Ride
Ray Charles

Sunday
Ben Webster

Latin Jazz Detour:

Day Tripper
Mongo Santamaria

Weekend Bizarre
New Cool Collective

California Dreaming

Kymaera

Cantaloupe Island
Pucho & His Latin Soul Brothers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's terrific, Krissy! (We've had a couple of days of spring-like temperatures, too, and they've been inspiring!)

Brent Buckner said...

Might as well run!