Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In Iowa the Sun Means Nothing


WHY is it 3 below right now?!!

When I said winter broke me, what I meant was it froze my pipes. That's right. I showered at the rec center on Monday and Tuesday and made a couple late night trips to the 24-hour grocery to go pee in the middle of the night.

Un-friggin'-believable.

$260 bones and an hour of pipe heating later, I am not as in love with Iowa as I once was. And who's to say they're not going to just freeze right back up? IT'S -3!!!

Until we get back to reasonable temperatures (which is the high 20s/low 30s to me these days--egads, what's become of me?!), I will be nervous that my next trip to the loo will be disastrous.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Krissy -- bummer that your pipes froze!

If it makes you feel any better, pipes have been known to freeze in Florida, too!

Jen said...

Oh, my goodness! Good luck with the pipes. Isn't it crazy that 20 degrees feels warm to us? Remember a couple of weekends ago when it got up to 27? Random strangers spoke to me on the street, praising the warmth, using the phrase, "It feels like spring!" Sigh. At least February is a short month.

M said...

Welcome to the Midwest, Desert Princess. Wait until 25 degress actually feels like spring. Then you know you've crossed over....