Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake!!!



Epicenter was in Illinois, but at 5.2 it's no wonder we felt it here.

I must admit, I feel a little responsible.

Last week, we had a tornado warning, and ever since then I have been telling anyone who would listen how much I prefer earthquakes to tornadoes. And yesterday on the street, I had an impassioned conversation with my friends wherein I *might* have uttered the words "please give me an earthquake!"

My apologies to the Midwest.

Here's the crazy thing: it was kind of comforting...like a little bit of home (for those of you who don't know, I spent my first 20 yrs in CA). But the fact that I didn't sleep through it, as I did easily in my younger days, tells me that maybe they're right about not being able to go home again.

*sigh*

Still, despite my preference for earthquakes over tornadoes, I will (for the benefit of my new, retrofit-less Midwestern neighbors) be more careful how I word it next time.

2 comments:

Gonzo said...

Admittedly not one of my favorite songs, but a KILLER groove. Seriously, why hasn't somebody sampled this?

Jen said...

So that was YOUR fault! I confess I totally slept through it. And I didn't even notice after shock. At all. If that's all an earthquake does, then I'll agree with you: they're definitely preferable to tornadoes. Not that I'm requesting another one of EITHER, mind you!