Sunday, September 16, 2007

DFL > DNF > DNS > Injury

Solon Spartan Fund Run 10K -- 1:07/10:47 pace
3rd place W 30-39
Half-assed ultimate for about an hour


Whew! What a day! I took 2:13 off my pace since my last race (woo-hoo). Yes, I was DFL, but the guy in front of me was only ahead by about :45+ seconds, so it wasn't embarrassing. Also, I had to stop to tie my shoe twice, which is how he got away from me (that's what I'm telling myself). Besides, only two other women aged 30-39 even bothered coming out yesterday. That's gotta count for something, right? (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the tri today at the same site...)

It was a great course -- through a little bit of town and then out and back on a lakeside nature trail. Lovely!

But wait, there's more!

DOOR PRIZES!! I won a $25 gift certificate to the local running shop! BONUS!


Anyway, I think all this running is finally catching up to my tendons, though...at mile three a mystery pain appeared on the inside of both my legs, about halfway down the shin. It went away after about a mile, but when I went to ultimate, it got pretty bad whenever I would take off. I toughed out the first game (which really was rough) before finally hanging it up for the day. It feels like someone took a metal pipe and smacked me across the insides of my shins.

Sadly, I think I'll have to skip a few days of ultimate to give myself a chance to heal. I'll see how some short runs go later on this week...*sigh* this stinks.

8 comments:

Andra Sue said...

In case you were wondering, I'd kill for a sub 11-minute pace on ANYTHING. 'Nuff said. :)

Brent Buckner said...

Glad you're mixing it up out there - hope mystery pains resolve.

Unknown said...

Yay on the 2:13! Boo for pain!

Feel better fast.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Ha! Well, that is pretty much my 10k PR! If I had come out for it, I am pretty sure you would not have been DFL! :-) But hey, bling is bling!

Duane said...

DFL, my favorite place :-) But great job Krissy!

Wrenched Photography said...

DFL and door prizes. sweetness

Benson said...

Finishing is a win. good job and lucky you on the prize gimme.

00badness said...

Holy crap that's a bona fide "shit ton" of time off your pace. Take care and take it easy. The athletic trainer in me says ICE CUPS!!! But most of all, take care of yourself and congrats for kicking your own ass...in a good way.